A Brave New World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Brave New World

Welcome!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Exploring the Night [Open]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Leyton

Leyton

Exploring the Night [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Exploring the Night [Open]   Exploring the Night [Open] EmptyWed Sep 07, 2016 9:25 pm

A pale figure unraveled in mid air as the wizard finished apparating. A simple landing barely made his hair move as he looked through the night sky. stars glistened in the distance as the area around him remained quite. He immediately drew his wand. A tight grip was placed upon it as he propelled himself forward. His brisk pace was causing his black robes to billow behind him with grace. Leyton had to always be prepared for wizards that wanted to prove themselves to whatever crazy ideals they had. He looked around swiftly as he approached an odd looking building. It looked to once be a stronghold for some force that had long vacated the area. A simple glance over it told him that this was the place he heard of. As he was about to continue forward, a noise appeared behind him and to the left.

A quick spin was all it took as his arm rose instinctively. The Shield Charm was cast silently with a flick of his wand as the spell rushing toward him bounced off. The wizard in front of himself was older, but not by much. His stance was weak though, and Leyton immediately pounced on that fact. His wand flourish and sent a jet of light at the ground close to him. "Reducto!" He spoke calmly, but with force as the energy exploded, sending the man flying across the ground. With surprising agility, the enemy rolled over his right shoulder and landed on his feet. A deep voice spoke loudly as the dark green haired wizard shot a red jet of magic toward him. "Stupefy!" Leyton would side step, dodging it efficiently. He would once again ravel into the air as he disapporated in a near instant. The green haired wizard looked with fear as he waited for his opponent to show himself.

With a pop, Leyton appeared behind his target with precision as he rotated his wand with a flick. Wind rushed from the tip at high speeds as no words escaped his mouth. His comfort with silent magic was one of the things that made him a great duelist. The attacker flew once again, but this time landed on his back. A quick point was followed by a quiet phrase from layton. "Petrificus Totalus!" The magic bolt hit the man before he had a chance to react. He went rigid as his arms and legs snapped down. His wand rolled on the ground as Leyton walked up to him. The man's eyes raised wide as he realized he was finished. Leyton closed his eyes as he penetrated the man's mind with an ability he had not yet learned a proper name for. He searched around only briefly before returning to the present. "So you are here because someone hired you? No matter, you won't remember anyway." He spoke with a rather light tone as he pointed his wand at the man's head. "Obliviate."

A pale cone of blue light appeared from the tip of his wand as the man's eyes went hazy. He didn't deserve to die, and he would be sure to release him and send him on his way. He just had to make sure he was safe first.
Back to top Go down
Leyton

Leyton

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Night [Open]   Exploring the Night [Open] EmptySun Sep 11, 2016 12:13 am

After a few minutes, the cone faded as the man had a hazy look. Leyton immediately turned and walked towards the concrete structure. The man would come to reality and disappoarate to his home with a pop. He walked briskly up to the outward gate. A crude and large lock was across the front of it. A wave of his arm was joined with a short phrase. "Alohomroa." The lock jumped to life, falling off it's hooks and hitting the ground. The door opened with a swing. A quick look around told him there was no further barriers, and thus he moved forward. He came to a open courtyard with multiple towers cascading into the night. A main building, which Leyton assumed to be the general's headquarters, stood out among the smaller structures. He moved once again, heading towards his target. Statues of generals who had long since passed were all over the courtyard. He didn't recognize the race of these people, which had him a tad nervous.

He closed in on the entrance as he waved wand once again. However, the door did not spring to life. Apparently, a wizard had charmed this door to stay closed. Someone didn't want these secrets unlocked. He grimaced as he moved around holding his wand out and whispering inaudible words. After a few minutes, he stopped and brought his hand up to his chin. He didn't recognize the spell, he had to think on how to proceed. Moments later, he flourished his wand in two crosses and an x. The X created blue electricity and sent it towards the door. The bolt hit the door and moved around it like rocket. After a few minutes, it hit the lock and the door swung open. A slight grin appeared on his face as he moved forward into a large room with a desk on the other side and a vast amount of seating for meetings. He looked around with curiosity as he admired the architecture of the interior.

He walked further into the chamber and headed towards the desk. He pulled open a drawer and started to search through it. Battle plans, Regulations, and various other material filled the stack, but it was not what he sought. Moving to the next one, he continued to look, noting nothing of importance until the third drawer. Alone sat the paper he desired. It had familiar writing on it, as he had studied several ancient languages in the past. The paper had various diagrams describing an ancient spell. A rather large wand was being flourish in wild motions and the incantation was quite extensive. He rolled it up smoothly and put a blue tie on the outside. He put it in his robes quickly and turned to walk out. As long as he didn't have any further interruptions, this would be a successful little adventure. He had expected the defenses to be much higher, which would suggest there was more to come. A flash of determination ran across his face as he left the room, and was back in the courtyard.

Once he reached the courtyard, his suspicions were confirmed. sigils apeared on the ground about 5 feet from him. rocks flew to the spot, creating golems. "Elemental magic....I see." He spoke to himself as he further examined the vigils. This was not a human wizard's magic, though he thought himself more than capable of handling the situation. His wand was point as the Golems began having life appear in them. A bit of speculation on his part was necessary, as he was trying to figure out if they were indeed alive or not. He doubted this magic was strong enough and thus, he decided destroying them was the best option. A twist of his wand sent one flying to the far wall and smashing on it. One down. The other started to charge, to which Leyton sighed. He brought his wand horizontal pushing it down to the ground. A sudden change of direction brought it back to chest level as the stone floor below the came up and crushed them into another wall. A sigh released from Leyton's mouth as he took off once again. A few more paces and he exited the ancient place and moved back into the vast night.

He would move far away to out of the enchantments that covered the area. Hills rolled all over the plain as he took in the night sky. Nights like this is what he lived for. He smiled as he thought to the scroll in his pocket. Only a few more steps, and he could leave.
Back to top Go down
Avery

Avery

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Night [Open]   Exploring the Night [Open] EmptySun Sep 11, 2016 1:30 am

Avery had been traveling for quite some time; she had decided to leave home to continue her education elsewhere - something her parents had frowned upon greatly due to the dangers involved but which they had been unable to prevent due to her age - and had been making quite good timing considering the distance she had already traveled. That is... until she had found herself walking right into a puddle of mud which caused her boots to stick fast. Avery made a tsking sound at herself softly as she sighed and looked down at the mess.

"Oh bother... If it wasn't for trying to lay low I'd just fly where I'm going.", Avery muttered underneath of her breath as she glanced around, unable to see too far ahead of herself in all of the darkness. She could have easily cast some light on the situation but she didn't know who exactly was watching - she felt it best to travel by moonlight or nothing at all. With a soft grumble beneath her breath she pulled her wand out of her left sleeve with her right hand and used an inaudiable to siphon all of the mud off of her boots with caused her stuck foot to free up fairly easily so she could step her way out of the mud - which she did so quickly.

"I'm going to end up breaking my neck if I keep going like this... I really should risk it." Avery spoke to herself, not pausing to think how much of a lunatic she would sound like were anyone to hear her. With another silent incantation she lit the tip of her wand, causing the light in its soft yellow glow and revealing an even larger puddle of mud - one which looked much deeper too - not more than two or three yards in front of her. "Good going Av... you would have fallen right in that and likely drowned. How would that have looked? Smart girl like you drowning in a puddle of mud."

Avery began to make her way around the puddle while still using the light at the end of her wand to see, unaware that anyone happened to be close by for the moment: far too caught up in her own slightly insane thoughts about mud and how drowning in a puddle of it would have definitely brought shame to her family.
Back to top Go down
Leyton

Leyton

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Night [Open]   Exploring the Night [Open] EmptySun Sep 11, 2016 2:05 am

Movement sounded off in the distance as he heard a small voice in the darkness. He would stop, looking around for the source of the noise. The night sky make it hard to discern anybody, but his path was soon lit up. Wand light peered out from behind trees a small distance away. His eyebrow would lift slightly as he wondered if this was another assailant or just a traveling coincidence. He quickly decided to see for himself as he moved forward with a determinedly soft walk. "Expecto Patronum" he would speak normally as a majestic white bird sailed from his wand around him. "Please inform this person of my arrival. I would not want her to be scared." He spoke calmly to the patronus which then flew over to her location. His bright light and almost solid body would give the bird away as the familiar spell, or at least to most learned wizards. He would wait a few moment's before holding his wand out in front of him and lighting it's tip silently. He then flicked the light off the wand and it floated in place above his shoulder. It grew to the size of an orange and sat there lighting a good distance around him.

Satisfied with his spell, he moved forward, acting as if nothing was different. He saw his patronus clear the trees, as it would now be visible and speak to her. it's message would be simple. "Leyton Messer is approaching. He is a human wizard that means you no harm." It would then await for his arrival before disappearing. A few minutes later, he would appear through the trees and look at the young witch before her. She was radiant, and her potential in magic seemed to radiate off of her. "Hello, as my Patronus Stated, I am Leyton Messer. I didn't expect to find anyone around here at this time of night." He would speak pleasantly and lightly, hoping to not to excite or scare her. He just yearned for intelligent conversation. his search for knowledge often left him lonely, and so it was nice to find another witch. Her wand was well made and it was lit as well. He immediately recognized the spell and smiled. Her powers seemed to be similar to his own. He would await her response with the pleasant expression on his face.

Leyton was sure he looked rather young, at least that's what he was told. His black robes were outlined in dark blue silk as his wand rested against his chest. Shoulder length black hair laid well kept on his head. He was clean shaved and had an aura of curiosity around him. Nothing about his appearance looked threatening, despite the dark color scheme. It was well contrasted by his light blue eyes, pale skin, and ball of light were a nice balance of color.
Back to top Go down
Avery

Avery

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Night [Open]   Exploring the Night [Open] EmptySun Sep 11, 2016 2:19 am

Avery managed to make her way around the rather large puddle of mud without incident which made her quite happy; removing mud wasn't exactly hard given her knowledge of the proper spell for such an issue but it was time consuming and annoying to deal with. So, the fact that she managed to avoid further issue made her quite pleased. However, her steps were soon halted once more as something caught her eye and grabbed her full attention.

A majestic white bird began to approach her, yet its appearance gave it away for what it truly was - a Patronus. She knew it couldn't harm her since she wasn't one of those foul creatures that sucked all of the happiness out of people and so she simply waited calmly. When the Patronus was near enough it spoke to her, announcing the arrival of one known as Leyton Messer who was a wizard. Sure enough her light blue colored gaze shifted from the spot the Patronus had been in before disappearing and onto the approaching wizard. She picked up no sort of vibe of ill will or trouble coming off of the man, and thus remained relaxed and calm.

Avery gave a nod of respect as the individual properly introduced himself. "My name is Avery Tatsumaki. I thought it a bit safer to travel at night around here rather than in the daylight - at least for now. There's a village nearby whose been causing some trouble with magic folk so I figured it best to avoid them as much as possible..." It wasn't that Avery couldn't handle them if it came down to a fight of course - like most magical folk she knew how to defend herself against those who would deem her 'evil' or some such because of her abilities - but she didn't relish the idea of harming those who couldn't defend themselves properly against her. "I'd rather not get into a fight with someone ill prepared to handle a fight against me... It doesn't seem right.", she added, feeling the need to explain herself even though the man in front of her was a stranger.

As Avery waited for the man to respond a thought slipped through her mind on how differently she thought compared to those who lived in the small wizarding village she was from: most of them wouldn't have hesitated to harm or kill someone who threatened them even if they couldn't preform magic. Perhaps it wasn't just the lust for knowledge that had driven Avery from her home, but also her difference in opinion? Avery didn't allow her mind to dwell on it too long as she waited for Leyton to speak again.
Back to top Go down
Leyton

Leyton

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Night [Open]   Exploring the Night [Open] EmptySun Sep 11, 2016 2:53 am

The did not seem started and she seemed to be coping with the surprise quite well. He gave a nod of respect before speaking to him.

"My name is Avery Tatsumaki. I thought it a bit safer to travel at night around here rather than in the daylight - at least for now. There's a village nearby whose been causing some trouble with magic folk so I figured it best to avoid them as much as possible...I'd rather not get into a fight with someone ill prepared to handle a fight against me... It doesn't seem right."

He maintained his smile as he heard her spoke. her thoughtfulness and caring of the well being of others reminded him of his own thoughts. It seemed they had a lot in common. He would nod in agreement. "I find avoiding those places and their people best for everyone involved. No need to go looking for trouble." He understood her and was now curious to find out more about her and her abilities, family, and more. "Would you like some company? I have finished my business here and have nothing but free time." He spoke waving his wand as to chairs appeared on the ground near them. Another few waves of his wand sent protective areas around the little area as well concealment enchantments. He never spoke a word, but he doubted anyone would challenge two magical humans by themselves.

"You are free to leave if you like, I just figured it would nice to have some intelligent conversation. Perhaps you would like to help me study a scroll I just acquired about a rare bit of magic. It's an interesting story, but that can wait until my curiosity is satisfied." He spoke warmly as he sat in his chair. "If you are hungry or thirsty, I would be more than willing to apporate somewhere and get you something." He spoke honestly as she unrolled the scroll on a desk that he summoned with a another flick of his wand. He was showing off just a tad, but he couldn't help it. He had always had a knack for Transfiguration, as it's complexity was fascinating. He would turn to wait for her response before continuing. it would be rude to start without her.
Back to top Go down
Avery

Avery

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Night [Open]   Exploring the Night [Open] EmptySun Sep 11, 2016 3:11 am

Leyton offered her some company and she found herself having no reason to turn him down; in fact she felt it was quite a nice idea. Traveling alone, or just being by herself in general, could be quite lonely and while she wasn't a super social creature she did crave some interaction. The fact that Leyton seemed very skilled - as he proved with everything he caused to just appear - also meant she would likely find his conversation quite stimulating. She wouldn't have to hide herself as much as she did with random strangers considering he was a wizard, so that too was a big bonus.

"I'd love some company; it does get rather lonely constantly being by myself.", she said softly before sitting in the other chair. She then watched as he preformed similiar spells to those she used when she decided to settle in one place for an extended period of time.

When Leyton mentioned a scroll that contained a rare bit of magic her head tilted to the right a bit in curiosity and her eyes seemed to gleam with a thirst of knowledge and excitement. "Oh! That sounds like fun. That's why I'm traveling actually: my family taught me all they can, but I always love to learn new things. I figured I'd travel for a while and see what I could learn so that I could take the knowledge back to my village to help those who wanted to learn too." It sounded like a very good idea to Avery: passing on knowledge was how you grew as a community, how you prospured: she didn't believe in being selfish with knowledge provided the knowledge was safe and in the proper hands.

"And actually... I do have some snacks on me..." Avery pulled from the belt around her waist a small pouch - far too small to carry much of anything in it or so it would look to the naked eye. Regardless she pulled the strings to open it and stuck not just a few fingers but her entire hand inside followed by her arm up to her elbow. As she dug around in the clearly charmed bag which had been made to hold far more inside than it should have been able to from the outside, the noise of things tumbling would easily be able to be heard. "Oh shoot... that was the piles of books I knocked over, I'll have to organize those again later... Let's see..." After another few seconds of digging she pulled her arm free with a bottle of honeysuckle yellow liquid and a decently sized package of little snack sandwiches. "Specially made tea; it's refreshing, plus helps keep the annoying bugs away... it's my own brand, gaurenteed to stay fresh for months. I have little sandwiches too.. you're welcome to either." She placed the items down, reached in once more, and pulled out two glasses before placing those down too and pulling the strings closed once more on the bag.
Back to top Go down
Leyton

Leyton

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Night [Open]   Exploring the Night [Open] EmptySun Sep 11, 2016 3:32 am

She seemed to take his invitation well, as her face in screw up in fear or anger. After just a quick few moments, she responded.

"I'd love some company; it does get rather lonely constantly being by myself."

The smile on his face never left as he was enjoying her manners and pleasant attitude. As soon as he mentioned the scroll she responded.

"Oh! That sounds like fun. That's why I'm traveling actually: my family taught me all they can, but I always love to learn new things. I figured I'd travel for a while and see what I could learn so that I could take the knowledge back to my village to help those who wanted to learn too."

"Well isn't that quite funny. I'm doing the same thing." He spoke moving his robe sleeve up his arm to show a tattoo of his family crest. A beautiful blue bird swirling around the moon with the word Messer below it. Simple yet elegant, or so he thought it was. Then Avery spoke again.

"And actually... I do have some snacks on me..."

He turned to her with a smile as he looked over her appearance. She was obviously a crafty witch as where she was hiding these snacks was not obvious to his learned eye. A few moments later, she mentioned knocking over books in her process of looking. He chuckled momentarily as he found he understood the need to bring books with him. A few moments later she pulled out food and drink and set them on the table.

"Specially made tea; it's refreshing, plus helps keep the annoying bugs away... it's my own brand, gaurenteed to stay fresh for months. I have little sandwiches too.. you're welcome to either."

"Thank you, it sounds great."
He said grabbing a sandwich and then pouring her and himself a glass of the tea. He looked then to his scroll and figured he needed to explain what he got from first glance. He smoothed it out to allow her a proper look. "It seems to be to be some sort of purification potion that drives possession via the dark arts. While I am learned, I'm afraid my Potions is not near the level of my wand magic. I could not hope to understand much more without a library to reference such materials and words." He spoke calmly as he looked over the scroll again. He then picked u the sandwich and took a bite, sighing at the balanced taste of it. Something simple yet satisfying.

He then set it down and grabbed his glass of tea. A few swallows told him that it was was warm and comforting as he drank more. He put it down with a pleasant expression as he looked to her. "I'm thankful, your tea and sandwiches are better than anything I would have managed." He spoke honestly as his attention returned to the scroll.
Back to top Go down
Avery

Avery

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Night [Open]   Exploring the Night [Open] EmptySun Sep 11, 2016 3:47 am

Her new companion mentioned he was doing the same thing as her which intrigued her quite a bit as well as made her rather pleased: it was nice to meet another soul traveling the world in search of knowledge after all. As her mind was pondering over the possibilities of the knowledge they could possibly find she noticed a crest on his arm; one she had seen reference to in at least one of the books she had with her: so his surname wasn't as much a coincidence as she had originally thought.

Leyton was willing to consume of both the tea she had made before leaving home as well as the sandwiches that had likewise been made before her trip began; and both he seemed to enjoy rather well which made her quite happy. She took her own glass of tea after he had poured one for himself and one for her, and sipped it happily enough - it was one of her favorite flavors after all. She ignored the sandwiches for the moment in favor of looking the scroll over. She recognized it as information belonging to a potion, though it was definitely old.

When Leyton mentioned that while he was well off with the use of a wand his potion making skills weren't quite up to the same degree of level she couldn't help but smile gently; not in a judgemental sort of way but instead a rather whimsicle smile. "Perhaps it was fate then that caused our paths to meet tonight then... I seem to be quite the opposite of you. While I can spin a charm like it's nobodies business my true talents lie in potion making and healing. Together perhaps we'll figure this all out easily enough.", she said softly before leaning forward to get a better look at the scroll.

She memorized the information she was seeing, processing it all well enough. Some of the ingrediants seemed strange, and the brewing method a little differnet compared ot her own, but it was something she felt she could one day create with a bit of practice or at least with enough time to prepare properly. "Hmm... this is definitely a complicated potion, but I've seen worse. It's time consuming though... and some of the ingrediants are a bit... well, frankly dangerous... to come by: like the dragon scale that has to be added exactly two hours into the beginning of the brewing process. It is definitely a purification potion though, and one that'd prove quite handy to have on hand given how powerful it is. Not only could this be used to cure, but it's so strong it'd be capable of being taken as a preventative measure as well - though long term use given how rare some of those ingrediants are wouldn't be the easiest thing to accomplish."

Avery fell quiet then, not only giving Leyton a chance to respond as she didn't wish to be rude and talk his ear off, but so that she could focus once more on the scroll. This was definitely one of the more complicated potions she had come across, and the ingrediants would be even harder to obtain for all but the most skilled potion masters. Still... she found herself feeling the urge to give it a try even if it would use up some of the stock and supply she had brought with her for cases of emergency use.
Back to top Go down
Leyton

Leyton

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Night [Open]   Exploring the Night [Open] EmptySun Sep 11, 2016 4:15 am

Avery sipped her tea a bit before responding looking over the scroll with intent eyes. As her eyes scanned the page, he instantly understood that she was quite fine with understanding it's content. Her eyes were alive as she seemed to have the same thirst for knowledge that he shared. She spoke in response to him first.

"Perhaps it was fate then that caused our paths to meet tonight then... I seem to be quite the opposite of you. While I can spin a charm like it's nobodies business my true talents lie in potion making and healing. Together perhaps we'll figure this all out easily enough."

She was quite right, of course. Why else would they meet in such an odd place. "I think you are quite right." He spoke quickly while she finished looking over the scroll. She then stated her thoughts, which had him hanging on every word as his curiousity became slowly satisfied.

"Hmm... this is definitely a complicated potion, but I've seen worse. It's time consuming though... and some of the ingrediants are a bit... well, frankly dangerous... to come by: like the dragon scale that has to be added exactly two hours into the beginning of the brewing process. It is definitely a purification potion though, and one that'd prove quite handy to have on hand given how powerful it is. Not only could this be used to cure, but it's so strong it'd be capable of being taken as a preventative measure as well - though long term use given how rare some of those ingrediants are wouldn't be the easiest thing to accomplish."

His suspicions were confirmed as she spoke on the ancient potion in front of him. He knew it to be of a high skill level, and had not recognized several of the ingredients required. It's versatility aside, they had no need to rush the process of this potion. They had more than enough time to satisfy their curiosity at a safe rate. He would then speak after he had gave it enough thought. "I thought it would be something like that. I'm glad to have met you, because it sounds as if you will have to do the heavy lifting, should we attempt to make this in the future. However, with it safely in our possession, there is no need to rush it's making. We can pick up any needed ingredients as we can, if you would like to make it that is." He spoke assuming that she was just as ready to see it's effects as he was. It was rare to find something as ancient as this scroll, especially in tact and legible.

He would lean back against the cushion of the chair, which was very relaxing to think in. He took another bite of his sandwich and chewed it silently. He took a few more gulps of his tea as he let the idea of the potion sink in. "It seems we a reason to stick together for a bit, if you will have me. I'm more than happy to share any information you want to know about me. Something about you makes me trust you, which is rare." He spoke honestly as he smiled. With her acceptance, he would finally have a companion to exchange ideas with and bounce information of off. Plus she was rather nice to talk too. He would wait for her response as he set his sandwich down, or what was left of it.
Back to top Go down
Avery

Avery

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Night [Open]   Exploring the Night [Open] EmptySun Sep 11, 2016 4:37 am

Leyton responded to the information she had provided by stating he was glad to have met her, and mentioning that she would have to do the 'heavy lifting' if they took to the task of making the potion. Avery didn't mind the idea in the slightest; making potions wasn't something she considered work or a job per say, in fact she rather enjoyed it and found it usually relaxing. She knew such an attitude was rare among potion masters, but it was simply the kind of person she was.

"Honestly, I think I have all of the ingredients listed on me to make it, but you're right: it would likely be best to acquire more before attempting it. No use in running my supplies dry on something not particularly needed at the moment." As much as she wanted to give this ancient potion a whirl she saw the logic in holding off for now until she could get more ingrediants: there was no point in wasting what she had in the off chance it would be needed for something far more important later on. Avery tried to be logical if nothing else; even when she would rather be reckless and carefree.

"I'm rather fond of the idea of having someone to travel with. It's always nicer than traveling alone." There were many benefits to having a traveling companion she didn't bother mentioning, but they came across her mind nonetheless: having two sets of eyes instead of one would mean that they'd be safer, plus having someone else to converse with was always good, and in the off chance that one of them ran into some kind of trouble that they couldn't get themselves out of they had the other person to rely on for help. All in all it was definitely a better idea.

Avery thought over the offer of information that Leyton had just given her; a chance to get to know her new traveling companion; and she knew she would be a fool not to accept such an opportunity - of course she would have to offer it back as it was only polite. "Well, I was rather curious about you to be honest. It's not every day I meet someone willing to go on a risky adventure in search of knowledge. Even my own parents didn't want me to go, though I was too old for them to actually forbid me from doing so... Still, they weren't happy about it, and no one else in the village was willing to go." It was all true of course: if her parents had had a way to keep her from leaving they would have used it fully, and likely the rest of the village too, even if her reasons were pure and good and beneficial for the village as a whole should she return successful.
Back to top Go down
Houjin

Houjin

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Night [Open]   Exploring the Night [Open] EmptySun Sep 11, 2016 10:27 pm

Skittering was easy when you where tiny; not that he was often, but this form had it's uses. He rarely allowed anyone to know that it wasn't his normal 'animagus' form, as the humans of this land called it; a strange term, but the language was not his own, nor even remotely related to that which he called his mother tongue, so he tried not to be too judgmental. Not often, anyway. It could be rather difficult, in some circumstances; language evolved in isolation from others would often eventually overlap in some manner; the 'human' vocal range was rather small, so sounds would be invented and reinvented in isolation, and assigned differing meanings so as to confuse those that approached them from different cultures. He had often had to check his anger, stifle a laugh, things of that nature, when words that where far to similar, or outright shared, but with very strange alternative meanings, where found. More than once the urge to react violently to words that in his native tongue where the vilest of insults or dirties of descriptors had to be checked, for he was very far from the volcanic highlands that had given him birth, and these people strange to his otherworldly mind.

Still, not all where bad. He had managed a few friends in this far off land. It was one such that he'd followed. While she was able to fly above the ground, he was able to swim beneath it. The Earth itself was his natural home, deep below the dirt where the rocks ran molten like liquid fire; the lifeblood of his veins and his people that gave them reign over the entire planet; even if they only chose to appear in certain areas and generally stayed away from most of the rest of the world. His father's people where far more than human, his mother's as well; although his mother's people where at least humanoid. His mother had once told him that her clan where what they called Biskmatar, a race beyond anything that humanity could understand, yet they looked for all the world like the human monkeys that covered the planet. His father's people where far different, but something about the Biskmatar meant that they could mate with other races that where far different from the humanoid and semi-humanoid beings of this world. Hence, his little salamander form; not an amphibian of water and mud; but a creature of fire and magma and the earth itself. He had another set of forms, those similar to that of his father; but they where destructive and massive in a way that couldn't easily be hidden. His mother's blood allowed him to create this smaller form, which while still very similar to that of his father's people in that his blood was still liquid, molten earth, and his skin like simmering embers, he was able to allow that skin to cool without harming him, so that he appeared to just be a black lizard creature moving through the underbrush. Nothing to notice about that, not in this part of the world. Totally normal.

Well, red eyes weren't, but otherwise, he was good.

Hidden as he was, he initially didn't feel a need to reveal himself; Avery was a dear friend, yes; but he was... wary of new people. His lack of humanity made him strange to them, even if he could appear to be one of them rather easily; and humans in this part of the world where highly fearful of non-humans. He's heard tales of racial segregation and attacks against other human-breeds; those of the wolf-kin and centaur especially, with outright wars fought against the goblins and such. Strange, that they would fight their cousins so fiercely just because of some notion of superiority. When even a simple house elf, as they called the little beings, was capable of feats of magic far beyond even the most accomplished 'true' human witches and wizards... this notion of racial purity and elevation was laughable at best. Still... Avery seemed to instantly trust this man, and his own instincts did not react in a way that caused him to be wary of him. The mention of potions and such caught his attention; he was Avery's potion supplier after all; so his curiosity was peaking enough to make him want to join in. Really, when you where as magical as he was, and your own blood and skin where considered top quality potion ingredients, you got good at mixing the stuff. Plus, he was able to fetch the minerals needed for the strongest of spells and potions in large quantities, so he was rather... famous among the ingredient dealers as a wholesaler, so that definitely helped a bit. No one questioned you when you could get them what they needed, in the quantities they demanded.

Allowing himself to be seen was simple enough, he merely needed to stand aside just enough to not knock either of them over as he allowed his form to return to a more normal one; that of a tall, fairly normal looking human, save for some small inconsistencies here and there. Namely, his eyes; in the moments after his transformations, they always appeared to be solid black, as if he had no sclera or pupil at all. This was because he technically didn't in his natural forms; this human form of his would be considered a metamphoragus transformation to anyone that thought of him as one, but Avery would know the truth, and he could use that excuse to calm any concerns the other male would have. His hair, this flaming mop of barely tamed fury, tied in a low tail at the center of his back; fading from brilliant yellow-orange to a deep blood red in the last several inches, it was something he could change, but he preferred it to look like that, it reminded him of what he was, and marked him as an outlander without getting him killed. Hidden beneath his silken robes of pure black with red trimmings was the mark of charred flesh that looked for all the world like a line of burning embers left after the coals of a roaring fire had died down; this mark appeared above his hairline and wrapped around his body, leaving swaths of this ember-flesh in it's path; a racial marker showing his salamander heritage. All salamanders had his mark, it was a bit of their true skin showing, as the power and fury of their blood could not be fully contained in another form. Whether this was a testament to any sort of magical ability or not was up for debate; all he knew was that he was extremely durable, both physically and magically, and he carried immunities that outed his non-human linage, so he tried not to make those well known. "So, Avery. You finally stopped; and you've made a friend. Care to introduce us?"
Back to top Go down
Leyton

Leyton

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Night [Open]   Exploring the Night [Open] EmptySun Sep 11, 2016 11:07 pm

Avery took in his words with consideration. It was obvious that she was a person similar to him in they way they approached almost anything. Most wizards shared the trait of humans in that they think before they act, or so he found. After a moment, she responded to his opinion on the matter.

"Honestly, I think I have all of the ingredients listed on me to make it, but you're right: it would likely be best to acquire more before attempting it. No use in running my supplies dry on something not particularly needed at the moment."

She was logical and very understanding. A nod from him would postpone the topic for further discussion. She then responded to his offer.

"I'm rather fond of the idea of having someone to travel with. It's always nicer than traveling alone. Well, I was rather curious about you to be honest. It's not every day I meet someone willing to go on a risky adventure in search of knowledge. Even my own parents didn't want me to go, though I was too old for them to actually forbid me from doing so... Still, they weren't happy about it, and no one else in the village was willing to go."

It was settled then. They would be companions as long as she would have him. He took in her words with a sense of kinship. A very similar situation awaited him at home. "I can understand your situation, My parents did not want me to leave either. I just couldn't sit around and let myself read the same books and practice the same spells." He spoke genuinely as he remembered those last few months before he left. "While I don't necessarily agree, some wizards and witches of my community consider me a prodigy, and so they were quite put off when I left. However, none of that matters now. I haven't heard from them in some time. I tend to just travel around in search of interesting magic to add to my knowledge, and to hopefully become a better wizard in the process."

It had been quite some time since he had talked like this, and the words seemed to spill out of him. If he were not so content with the moment, he would have thought it a bit much to lay on her at once about his home. They did not hunt him, at least that he knew, so there was no danger. It was just his burden to bear. However, sharing it seemed to lighten the load. He would turn to a tree and make two zig zags before the tree to the left suddenly turned into a camp fire on the ground. Transfiguration always seemed to come in handy. It was close enough to keep them warm without being a danger.

It was then that a creature appeared from the ground. Leyton did not move to defend, but sat there with obvious curiosity on his face. He observed the man's appearance and determined his was not a wizard, human, or any race he had ever encountered. However, this didn't really matter to the wizard. The man's skins had a unique look with an almost molten pattern in parts. His hair was long and look like flames protruding from his skull. He was magnificent in appearance, and something told Leyton that his power was great. A strange magic seemed to be embedded in his very being, which made Leyton smile. The man then spoke to Avery as if they were old friends.

"So, Avery. You finally stopped; and you've made a friend. Care to introduce us?"

He looked to Avery to see what her response was. He would not speak, as it would be rude to interrupt. He just sat pleasantly as he awaited to be introduced, making sure not to stare at the man like being that was beside him.
Back to top Go down
Avery

Avery

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Night [Open]   Exploring the Night [Open] EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 12:47 am

Avery was focused on Leyton, listening as he explained a bit more about himself. His parents, like her own, hadn't wanted him to leave either - and he had been a prodigy among his village just like she was considered too.

Avery opened her mouth, ready to respond, when something began to happen nearby. "...." Okay, she probably should have been paying more attention to her surroundings to have noticed a creature following her: but really, he had been quite tiny in that form. Houjin made himself known and a smile instantly spread across Avery's face as it usually did when she saw her friend. Like per usual for Avery she all but threw herself out of her chair, arms stretched wide, as she hugged her friend: she was a hugger and had always been that way.

"Houjin! I should have known you were around somewhere... " Avery paused and looked between Houjin and Leyton, still smiling. "Houjin this is my new friend Leyton, Leyton this is one of my oldest friends, Houjin." Avery took that moment to let go of Houjin, had he accepted her hug, and sit back down on her chair quite happily.

"Leyton's been doing what I have been; traveling around and using it as a learning experience. He came across a rather interesting potion you might like... Some of the ingredients might interest you: like a dragon scale.", Avery explained, having no problem in bringing Houjin in on what they were doing - she trusted him completely, plus he was her go to person when it came to ingredients for potions as well as general help. She had yet to meet someone after all who could do the kind of things that Houjin could: even her own magic seemed to currently have its limits.

Figuring she needed to explain a bit about Houjin she focused her light blue gaze onto Leyton once more. "Houjin is my go-to when it comes to potions and ingredients. He's also one of my best friends."
Back to top Go down
Houjin

Houjin

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Night [Open]   Exploring the Night [Open] EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 1:27 am

"Well, you're about the only human in this part of the world I really do enjoy, so I tend to stalk you a bit." His voice screamed outlander, his accent was... thick? It was perfectly understandable, but there was a gravel tone that didn't seem normal, the usage of his nouns and such spoke of someone that, while fluent, wasn't a native speaker, or even one trained in a local dialect at all. Even now, with his eyes looking... normal (a brilliant molten gold pupil on normally white, if a bit red, sclera), he just didn't seem entirely human. He didn't much care about this, it lent to his mystique, his otherworldly nature did lend to his work in this part of the world. "You don't seem to trust anyone else to gather your rarities, so I would like to believe that it means something about our relationship outside of the working one." His inference spoke of a deep friendship, but nothing beyond that; another pointer toward his foreign lineage.

The hug was accepted and returned, while he wasn't a tactile person in relation to people (he hated touching humans, not out of disgust or anything like that, but out of respect for his own power and a worry that he would hurt them), he knew Avery well enough to know that he could control himself enough not to hurt her. She was used to his ridiculously high body temperature, so at most he was just very warm to her, not burning or sickly as others often believed. "Well, then, shall we see what you need, hm? I actually happen to have some fresh dragon bits on me; so that's not an issue. I've been off collecting again, so my stocks are rather full. I could do to rid myself of some before they begin to spoil; however I'm in no great rush to find a wizarding town nearby. I'd rather not deal with being run off after I've been undersold on my stock again." A common problem, but one that didn't bother him for the obvious reasons. He had zero use for the coins that the local magical communities used, his problem was the being run off after he'd sold them what they needed. All he ever asked was a couple of days to rest peaceably, but they always seemed to go off on him for some reason or another after a few hours. Superstitions and the like, they plagued him.
Back to top Go down
Leyton

Leyton

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Night [Open]   Exploring the Night [Open] EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 2:57 am

Avery's face changed to an expression of pure happiness as she laid on eyes on the unique individual. She jumped up to hug the man, to which he returned the hug. it seemed that they knew each other well and were friends. So far, Avery had been nothing but nice, so he had no doubt that this man was similar. He didn't expect her to be friends with a rude elitist, after all.

"Houjin! I should have known you were around somewhere...Houjin this is my new friend Leyton, Leyton this is one of my oldest friends, Houjin."

Leyton nodded towards Houjin with a pleasant smile. "Welcome and nice to meet you." His his wand gave a flick and a third chair appeared behind him. A similar flick was also given, but no obvious effect was made. "I have made the chair immune to high temperatures, so you can focus on conversation." He said hoping the gesture would be accepted as one of friendship and care. He didn't want to offend him, and he was sure the man was capable of touching things without burning it, but the less he had to worry about, the better they would get to know each other. He had to admit that he was intrigued.

"Leyton's been doing what I have been; traveling around and using it as a learning experience. He came across a rather interesting potion you might like... Some of the ingredients might interest you: like a dragon scale. Houjin is my go-to when it comes to potions and ingredients. He's also one of my best friends."

She turned them to them each as she explain how she knew the other. She immediately brought him in on the ancient potion, to which Leyton had to quarrels. She had just as much right to bring any anyone she trusted as he did. It actually made things even more interesting, If she was great friends with Houjin, then he was going to be treated like an honored guest. It was then that Houjin started to speak.

"Well, you're about the only human in this part of the world I really do enjoy, so I tend to stalk you a bit. You don't seem to trust anyone else to gather your rarities, so I would like to believe that it means something about our relationship outside of the working one."

He was also well spoken, though his accent hinted that was not his native language, but he was easy to understand and seemed to be pleasant enough. It seemed that the light tone meant that they were more than just casual friends and had spent quite a bit of time together. He yearned for such a relationship, though he had never admitted it out loud. He quickly push the slight sadness out when Houjin spoke once more.

"Well, then, shall we see what you need, hm? I actually happen to have some fresh dragon bits on me; so that's not an issue. I've been off collecting again, so my stocks are rather full. I could do to rid myself of some before they begin to spoil; however I'm in no great rush to find a wizarding town nearby. I'd rather not deal with being run off after I've been undersold on my stock again."

"I'm sure we could help ease the tension the next time you decide to sell, and that way they can see that you bring no harmful intentions." He spoke friendly as he imagined the problem Houjin was having. People liked Leyton a bit to much at times, so he had never encountered this particular dilemma. "Wow, you seem to have come at the perfect time. I'm more than happy to pay for anything used and you are welcomed as long as you like." He spoke kindly as he looked around the place. The nearest town was not friendly, but between the three of them, they could make a home out of this place and have the power to hide themselves. If not a home, then a temporary place of living. A campsite would be the best way to describe what he was thinking. He could easily mark it so he could know the location later.

He shook his head and realized he was assuming to much. Houjin hadn't said how long he was around and they were moving on most likely. Anything would have to be discussed regardless. He turned to Avery with a smile that said he was quite pleased to meet her friend. "It seems we have no reason not to start on the potion, unless you would like to wait." He spoke truthfully now that their previous reasoning no longer applied, it seemed this was a perfect opportunity. He would await both of their responses and take the last bite of his sandwich.
Back to top Go down
Avery

Avery

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Night [Open]   Exploring the Night [Open] EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 3:52 am

"Good thing I don't mind being stalked then.", Avery commented playfully with a bit of a giggle. It truly didn't bother her at all given her trust of Houjin. "I trust you completely, Houjin, which is far more than I can say of most other people... I like to believe I'm a rather good judge of character - most people just give me a bad vibe. You don't. Leyton here doesn't either... "

Avery was no fool to the way people treated Houjin and she didn't like it, evident of the frown that appeared on her face. Avery dreamed one day of creating a community in which all of the races could live together in peace and harmony: a place where no one was shunned simply for being different. Of course, she knew such a place would take a lot of work and effort, and would likely come with its share of problems. Still, she dreamed about it.

When Houjin mentioned that he likely had what she needed she couldn't help but grin a bit excitedly. She had really wanted to make the potion and now she would likely have her chance without having to drain that last of her own supplies. "Oh! That'd be perfect. I really wanted to give that potion a try, but I didn't want to risk using the last of my own supplies I brought with me... " Avery commented before reaching back into the charmed pouch she had brought with her. She pulled a third glass out in the chance that Houjin wanted some of the special honeysuckle colored tea she had brought with her. She then stuck her arm back in, this time almost up to her shoulder, as she began to dig around in the pouch once more in search of her culdron among with the other items such as the special knife she would need and her gloves - she knew already the ingrediants she was going to be using could be just as dangerous as the potion itself.

The culdron and supplies were removed and carefully placed down, out of the way. "There we are... I'll tell you, it was quite a bit of luck I came across a charm to actually make all of that rather light while it's in the pouch. Otherwise, that pouch would weigh a ton even as tiny as it is.", Avery commented thoughtfully.
Back to top Go down
Houjin

Houjin

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Night [Open]   Exploring the Night [Open] EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 4:56 am

"It it ended up weighing such, I would carry it for you most of the time." Matter of fact, almost blunt, sort of missing the joke hidden in there, but a statement of fact non-the-less. his form, while not overtly large or muscled, was extremely powerful, so he could easily carry the supplies if needed. He accepted the chair with a grateful nod of his head, a gestured he'd acquired over his time among humanity; and one that served him well enough most of the time. Layton spoke of payment, and for a moment what could be considered a mirthful smirk flashed across the male's face; until now it had been peaceful, if almost... blank? without being flat or lacking, just a sort of emptiness that was only empty to someone that didn't know how to read the expression itself. He wasn't emotionless, nor did he have what human's called a 'poker-face', but his facial expression where often muted, or didn't seem to match what his emotions and aura projected.

"I do not seek payment for my wares from friends, least of all Avery, nor anyone she works with. I have no need for money, nor of most material goods. I am not a being that craves so called creature comforts, nor do I need for things that most ever would. In a forest like this, I have plenty of raw materials to satisfy me, and should I need to, I can retire to places that will sustain me while leaving me invulnerable to the surface world itself. At most, I would ask for a trade; which is being satisfied by the sharing of this potion recipe itself; so my terms are satisfied quite nicely." once he was settled within the chair, and Avery had removed her gear, he lowered his right hand toward the earth, placing it so that it hovered roughly 3 inches from the surface and held it there for a moment. A sort of keening rumble sound began to reverberate through the earth, so that it was only noticeable because they where standing upon the open ground. below his hand, the earth seemed to bubble and rupture in a way, the effect spreading until it covered an area roughly a foot in diameter; with the earth seeming to rise as he pulled his hand upward. After a few moments, the earth began to fall away, revealing what was, for all visual appearances, a cabinet made of volcanic stone; upon which dual doors swung open to reveal neat rows of smaller drawers as well as several large, sealed bins. A traveling supply closet of sorts, it contained a massive assortment of materials, some of which existed in no greater supply anywhere else on the planet.

"This should be everything, really. If we need anything else, I can gather it rather quickly. You're welcome to anything here; and if you wish to replenish your own supplies, you're free to that as well."
Back to top Go down
Leyton

Leyton

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Night [Open]   Exploring the Night [Open] EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 11:04 pm

"Good thing I don't mind being stalked then. I trust you completely, Houjin, which is far more than I can say of most other people... I like to believe I'm a rather good judge of character - most people just give me a bad vibe. You don't. Leyton here doesn't either... "

Leyton was sure he was blushing at this point, but he made no effort to hide it. The feeling was obviously mutual, and she was kinder than most. A nod of thanks would be sent in her direction for the comment, because despite all the ass kissing that happened back home, a genuine comment about his trustworthy personality meant so much more. She then spoke again, responding to Houjin.

"Oh! That'd be perfect. I really wanted to give that potion a try, but I didn't want to risk using the last of my own supplies I brought with me... "

This was followed by Avery going in her bag once again. A third glass was brought out before she went fully into the incredibly charmed object. Only her shoulder was visible as she rummaged through the various items she carried. Her cauldron, a special looking knife, and various other potions utensils were retrieved as she prepared to start. She had really thought of everything when it came to being prepared. A smile would reach his face as she set up her equipment.

"There we are... I'll tell you, it was quite a bit of luck I came across a charm to actually make all of that rather light while it's in the pouch. Otherwise, that pouch would weigh a ton even as tiny as it is."

He could help but giggle at the mental image this statement brought with it. Her dragging an incredibly small but heavy bag was funny indeed, and her charms were another reason she would be beneficial to travel with. It seemed that it was then Houjin's turn.

"It it ended up weighing such, I would carry it for you most of the time."

The sentence was simple, but it carried weight with it. The man was being honest as he spoke of their bond and his dedication to being friends with Avery. He would obviously do anything for her, and Leyton quite liked that about the pair of them. it wasn't long before Houjin responded to Leyton's comment.

"I do not seek payment for my wares from friends, least of all Avery, nor anyone she works with. I have no need for money, nor of most material goods. I am not a being that craves so called creature comforts, nor do I need for things that most ever would. In a forest like this, I have plenty of raw materials to satisfy me, and should I need to, I can retire to places that will sustain me while leaving me invulnerable to the surface world itself. At most, I would ask for a trade; which is being satisfied by the sharing of this potion recipe itself; so my terms are satisfied quite nicely."

He nodded with understand. Such generosity was uncommon in these times, and Leyton would remember it. "Thank you." He said once again as Houjin started to create a mound of what looked like to be simple earth with his hand. It quivered at his movements, and the magic was impressive to say the least. After a few more minutes Houjin finished and the earth fell away. A cabinet made of molten rock was all that remained. It swung open to reveal rare and valuable ingredients for potions. Letyton looked with curiousity as noticed several minerals that he had only heard of, but had never seen. He was correct when he said he had collected quite a stockpile of what they needed. Carefully, he would reach in to the cabinet and remove several of the ingredients they needed. The Dragon scale as well as the rest of the required materials were soon laid out safely in front of them.

"This should be everything, really. If we need anything else, I can gather it rather quickly. You're welcome to anything here; and if you wish to replenish your own supplies, you're free to that as well."

Unfortunately, Leyton didn't have anywhere to put these items, and so he would simply wait for Avery to finish getting whatever she liked. At this point, he would just wait patiently as he thought of the potion that would soon be brewing in front of him.
Back to top Go down
Avery

Avery

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Night [Open]   Exploring the Night [Open] EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 1:04 am

A gentle smile formed across Avery's face as she heard Houjin's response: she didn't doubt for a second he would do exactly what he had said as it was just the kind of friend that Houjin was. Avery shifted more comfortably in her chair as she finished putting the bag away she had pulled everything out of. They were likely going to be busy for a while so she didn't see any reason to keep the bag out: she didn't want to risk losing it with how tiny it was.

She listened in silence as Houjin responded to Leyton's inquiry about payment: Houjin had no interest in money which Avery knew well enough, and would take the sharing of the potion recipe and call it satisfactory which again made Avery smile. They all did seem to be like similiar spirits when it came to thirsting for knowledge.

Houjin then caused the supplies he had mentioned to appear in a most interesting way. Avery never tired of seeing Houjin's brand of magic, so she gave him her undivided attention as she watched. She looked at the supplies he was offering and took what she needed for the potion - she would worry about seeing to her own supplies later when she had the room to pull even more items out of her little bag. "This is all I need for the potion; i'll see to my own supplies later when I have the room. Don't want to lose something in the dark." That, and she was just interested in getting started: excitement was winning out now.

Avery focused on the potion once more: though she was sure she had memorized it already she wanted to be doubly sure she did this right - no point in wasting ingredients even if Houjin could get more fairly easily. "Alright... lets see....There are several ingredients that have to be added and mixed before the fire is started... and like I thought it requires a very precise temperature of flames or the whole thing will ruin."

Avery glanced over the supplies, pulled out what she needed to mix beforehand, and got to work adding them one at a time to the cauldron after measuring each very carefully to make sure everything was exactly right.
Back to top Go down
Houjin

Houjin

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Night [Open]   Exploring the Night [Open] EmptyWed Sep 14, 2016 3:39 am

Well, that was his queue to be awesome once more. Fire was his element, literally; his people where born of it, lived within it, and died embracing it; it was the spark that gave them form and that which would cleanse their souls when the time came to enter the next world. He wasn't one to comment on other's magics, merely to observe and remember. Not a scholar himself; in a former life among his own people and family, he'd been a blacksmith of sorts; he nonetheless preferred to watch rather than speak of things he didn't fully understand; this wand magic of the humans was interesting, sure; but he also wanted to understand it for other reasons. It was the main source of power for the humans of this particular part of the world, and many of them used their ability to harness these magical conductors as a 'proof' of superiority over other magical beings. Which really, given any humanoid, and many non-humanoid, creatures could use wands when given access to them was... well, frankly absurd, it was still the reigning consensus among many. He didn't bother with any sort of physical conductor, not unless he was in the midst of forging a weapon or other magical artifact, at which point he used his special hammer; otherwise his own natural magic was plenty for him.

As such, he once more reached a hand toward an open space, placing it low to the ground as before and pausing for a moment. When the moment had passed, he revealed a single ember upon the ground; which had anyone cared to look closely at they would realize it was less a coal or a bit of burning fuel in as much as a single scale, one that somewhat resembled that of a lizard or a snake, only it was glowing as an ember, and already hotter than any wood or coal fire could hope to be. As it sat, it began to grow; not the scale, but the heat and eventually the flames it released, until a roaring bonfire existed where it sat. This fire was burning happily, and once it reached a certain size (very compact, and oddly not radiating as much heat as one would expect by the color of the flames, those nearly clear blue-white undulations of ignited oxygen should have been cooking them alive, but they merely gave the area around them a pleasant sort of gentle warmth, as well as a scent of clean burning forest wood), it seemed to settle into itself and maintained it's current existence; merely awaiting commands from the male that controlled it. "I will adjust as needed. Do you require assistance?"
Back to top Go down
Leyton

Leyton

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Night [Open]   Exploring the Night [Open] EmptyWed Sep 28, 2016 10:44 pm

Leyton watched with amazement as Avery went to work. Her preparation of the ingredients was precise and she moved as if this was another day at the office. He moved ever so slightly to get a better view of what she did, while also giving Houjin plenty of room to watch as well. He would continue to mentally keep an idea of anything he did not immediately recognize, so he could as later. For now, he did not want to distract her.

"This is all I need for the potion; i'll see to my own supplies later when I have the room. Don't want to lose something in the dark. Alright... lets see....There are several ingredients that have to be added and mixed before the fire is started... and like I thought it requires a very precise temperature of flames or the whole thing will ruin."

With that, she started to work. He smiled at her logical thinking, as it reminded him of his own thoughts. He observed her work with the same aspect a student would take. Her skilled hands were much more adept with this branch of the magic, that much was obvious. At her words, Houjin then responded by making a second fire in the most interesting way. Such a small start to such a magnificent flame. it's light warm not agreeing with the color of it's flame made it that much more interesting. He inhaled the natural scent that it was giving off and glanced to Houjin. Such wonderful magic, and yet he had never heard much of his people. Maybe a chance for mutual growth down the road. Leyton would simply wave his wand to put out the fire he had made previously. Houjin's magic on the matter was probably a bit more advanced considering his appearance.

He turned his attention back to the potion as Avery continued to work. "Both of you are quite impressive, I must admit. Makes me happy to see one of us being so close to another race of magical being. More of us should follow your lead." He spoke honestly as he didn't really want to sit in silence. The anticipation was already pretty high at this point. He would just continue to wait patiently as his new friends went to work. "If I'm needed, please let me know." He added, making sure he offered. It would be rude otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Night [Open]   Exploring the Night [Open] Empty

Back to top Go down

Exploring the Night [Open]
Page 1 of 1