A Brave New World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Brave New World

Welcome!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Someone Tell me Why Humans Think Turning into a Dragon is a Bad Idea!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ai

Ai

Someone Tell me Why Humans Think Turning into a Dragon is a Bad Idea! Empty
PostSubject: Someone Tell me Why Humans Think Turning into a Dragon is a Bad Idea!   Someone Tell me Why Humans Think Turning into a Dragon is a Bad Idea! EmptySun Sep 18, 2016 3:56 am

While Ai was in fact a full grown woman of eighteen she was, at least for the moment, acting very much like a small child as she stood in a ray of sunlight that had managed to sneak itself through the clouds. The scales that had once only covered a small portion of her back - a portion she had been unaware of up until the time that she had met Raijin her now fast becoming best friend - now covered several portions of her body and seemed to be continuing to spread at a fairly rapid and now predictably even pace. They were absolutely beautiful and in the sun, like she was now, they glistened with an array of colors Ai would have never thought possible: which of course was rather entertaining for her as she oo'd and ahh'd over them.

The fact that she had tiny intricate scales now covering portions of her cheeks and temples, as well as portions of her arms, legs, and stomach, bothered her little at all. The fact that they continued to spread also bothered her little at all. She knew she had the power to hide them, to blend in as she once did as nothing more than a normal human being, but she refused. There was, in her mind, no reason to hide such beauty and splendor and so she kept them quite visible: she was rather proud of them after all.

Her grandfather, who had visited for a time before moving on to travel the world as he always did (though he had promised to come back in a few weeks time and visit again - he had wanted to wait a few months given how he judged time differently than Ai but she hadn't been willing to agree to that), had been equally amused by Ai's scales though not for the same reason - he had simply commented that Ai, who was definitely in the body of a woman, was acting just like what he considered her to be: a child. He hadn't meant this in a mean or chastising way, but simply because as an immortal being their vast difference in age definitely meant that Ai was still by all accounts a child even if she no longer looked like one. Still, her grandfather's visit had been a fruitful one as he had taught her several tricks that had only further amused Ai, as well as several powers and abilities that would come in handy were she to venture back into the human world. Both of them had doubted that such a thing would happen but her grandfather had wanted her to be prepared regardless - even if he knew that Raijin would never allow harm to come to his granddaughter.

For the moment Ai's mind, though, was far from her grandfather and the tricks and techniques he had taught her. Her gaze, which had become a mixture of blue and yellow depending on the lighting and her mood, was still fixated on her reflection in the puddle of water she was kneeling by. At the moment her scales, a blue-white in color, were looking particularly shiny as they glistened in the bright sunlight in ways that would make jewels and diamonds envious. A soft giggle escaped the female even though she was trying her hardest to be silent. She knew by all means she was being a bit silly and juvenile but given how happy she was, how it had been so long since she had felt such large amounts of happiness, she couldn't bother to care at that moment.
Back to top Go down
Raijin

Raijin

PostSubject: Re: Someone Tell me Why Humans Think Turning into a Dragon is a Bad Idea!   Someone Tell me Why Humans Think Turning into a Dragon is a Bad Idea! EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 9:04 pm

The advantage of having such a light handed rule over his domain, his people kept themselves happy, by making sure that their needs are taken care of. He made sure that everyone was able to contact him when needed, and he left plenty of brilliant leaders behind when he did need to leave, each charged with the authority and ability to change things as needed. With him home for the moment, his natural energies had the valley that called itself his kingdom exploding with life. It was just a neat side effect of his divinity; he was a god of storms, yes, but that was still considered a god of life, and his purity of spirit and nature meant that he enhanced the life around him. He was actively controlling his storm creation so that it was little more than gentle rain showers happening late in the afternoon, or early in the morning, just before sunrise. It meant that the worst of the afternoon heat was cut and cooled, and the morning showers happened early enough to have dried so that there wasn't a huge amount of mud or sitting water when the citizens woke up.

He'd been off handling administrative things for the morning; nothing too major, a few requests to leave for trade reasons (not that he ever understood why they asked like that, he restricted nothing about their lives, so there was zero reason for this), some requests to hunt the mythical beasts that lived in the deep mountain woods (this he did ask them to request, as those beasts where under his protection, and he only allowed them to be hunted when absolutely necessary; in this case a need for a specific type of animal hair used in cures for a type of pox that only effected certain kinds of dragon kin, which had effected a couple of the younger half-bloods that lived in the village), which was granted due to the actual necessity of it request; things of that nature. It left him finished fairly earlier, so that he was able to wander around and just be among his citizens. It's what he preferred, really. He didn't see himself as a leader or a master or a lord or whatever the humans would have called him. He was just here, and this was his land, and he wasn't going to let anyone come in and screw up his territory. That he had people leaving here was just a random happening, and he was fine with it.

Wandering about brought him to his newest charge, the young half-dragon that he'd saved and befriended; one that was descended from an old friend of his, and that he'd taken under his wing, so to speak. Not that he had wings to speak of, but the phrase was commonly understood, so it worked. He found her admiring herself in the water, and while he was amused by what others might see as vanity, he understood it for what it was, fascination with her true nature. She was welcoming the awakening of her dragon kin self, because it meant she was able to divorce herself from the humanity that had forsaken her so badly; her only experiences with the dragon world was positive, and he planned on keeping it such for as long as possible. He understood that the world of the dragons wasn't always this idyllic; she would need to face that truth eventually; but for the moment his power, influence, and that of her grandfather, made for a simple task in that, thankfully.

Approaching her in his usual silent manner, he watched her for a few moment before clearing his throat in a manner that he'd observed humans doing often enough; he vaguely remembered it fom his time as a human, and it wasn't a very threatening gesture, least of all with the sing-song quality of his natural voice. "You seem to be enjoying yourself, child."
Back to top Go down
Ai

Ai

PostSubject: Re: Someone Tell me Why Humans Think Turning into a Dragon is a Bad Idea!   Someone Tell me Why Humans Think Turning into a Dragon is a Bad Idea! EmptyWed Sep 28, 2016 10:16 pm

So beautiful... Ai found herself thinking as she continued to stare at the scales glistening in the light on her arm. The thought was hardly in vain; were these same scales on someone else the same thought would have applied - though she likely would have weirded said invididual out by staring as hard as she was. Still, it was hard to tear her gaze away when she heard the obvious throat clearing behind her. She already had guessed who it was before she turned her head with a smile on her face and found herself looking at Raijin.

"I have found I'm quite distracting and almost shiny in a way...", she admitted honestly with her smile growing a bit more. "It sounds a bit vain when I say it like that though... but I suppose if anyone else looked like this in front of me I'd probably be unable to stop staring at them too.", she added thoughtfully.

Ai glanced up then at the sky as she often did to tell the time only to find she had been where she was for well over an hour at the very least. A small tinge of pink reached Ai's cheeks as she felt herself feeling a tad bit embarassed by how long she had just spent staring at herself. Still.. she was a wonderous creature, and unlike normal humans who would have freaked at the idea she was embracing it quite well - enjoying it actually. She had always felt different from everyone else in the world, different from the humans she had grown up with, and now she knew why... it excited her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Someone Tell me Why Humans Think Turning into a Dragon is a Bad Idea!   Someone Tell me Why Humans Think Turning into a Dragon is a Bad Idea! Empty

Back to top Go down

Someone Tell me Why Humans Think Turning into a Dragon is a Bad Idea!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Brave New World :: The Mortal Realm :: Worlds of Sol-
Jump to: