A Brave New World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Brave New World

Welcome!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

This is Our House

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jun

Jun

This is Our House Empty
PostSubject: This is Our House   This is Our House EmptyWed Sep 14, 2016 1:15 am

Jun Hakuda walked through his house with a generally pleasant vibe about him. He had recently taken in a young girl as a daughter, and she was quite entertaining. Her energy, good attitude, and cute habits tended to make him a generally happier person, or so he had come to realize. He walked down the hall to his daughter's room, his sandals taping the wooden floor with every step. He would approach Aya's room with a smile as he stopped outside of it. He would tap on the wall outside, making his presence known. "Hey honey, Coming to show you around and maybe meet my men." He said with a cheery voice as he looked around. The white walls were decorated with various family portraits and treasures, all bearing the mark of the Hakuda. His own room was down the hall to the right and every door in the house slid open as opposed to swinging open.

He would wait for her response as he looked down to examine his zanpakuto and socks. He was so easily distracted as he made sure to straighten out a ruffle that bothered him. He then returned his attention to the door and would wait for her to tell him to enter. Or for her to come out, if she so chose.
Back to top Go down
Aya

Aya

This is Our House Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is Our House   This is Our House EmptyWed Sep 14, 2016 1:34 am

Aya loved to dance, she loved to constantly be in motion, and the majority of the time she was good at it too. Today however, in her room, she was working on a new dance move she hadn't perfected: one which would likely come in handy if she were to get into a fight even though that thought hadn't yet crossed her mind. She knew what it was supposed to look like, and she knew how to do it in theory, but putting such a complicated move into practice was a completely different story. The whole purpose of the move was to bring her right or left leg straight up, holding it to her chest while her forehead rested against it, and spin on the tips of the toes she was still standing on. It was a move that required a great deal of balance and a lot of practice to get right. She was flexable enough to pull it off, it was just putting it all into play that was hard.

That didn't mean she wasn't trying though. For the third time Aya attempted to lift up her right leg while remaining on the tips of the toes of her left foot, listening as she heard a knocking sound outside of her door. "Come in!", she called out, not bothering to pause in what she was doing since she figured the third time had to be a charm. Her leg easily reached up, resting completely against her stomach and chest. She brought her forehead up against her shin and then attempted to spin... it didn't work well.

The child tipped sideways and onto the floor, throwing her hands out to stop herself. With a thud she hit her bedroom floor and an "Oomph!" of a sound escaped her. She didn't cry, not a single tear was shed, but she did sit there for a moment frowning.
Back to top Go down
Jun

Jun

This is Our House Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is Our House   This is Our House EmptyThu Sep 15, 2016 12:56 am

Seconds later he heard her small voice tell him to come in, and so Jun slid the door open just in time to see her dance pose before she toppled onto the floor. At first he was surprised to say the least, but then he went into worried dad mode. "You okay?" He asked walking over with a look of concern. He looked at her for any signs of injury, though he was sure she was fine. She was sitting there frowning at her failed attempt at some sort of dance. "Keep at it. You've got the ability." He said thinking back to her pose as he first walked in. It had been well executed and she seemed to be in full control.

He would smile at her reassuringly as he offered her a hand to help get up. Once she did so and was ready he would walk over to the door. "Would you like to go sight seeing, get some food, or meet some people?" He wanted her to choose, as he would personally have picked sight seeing. He smiled as he thought of getting more time to get to know his adopted daughter. She had come to surprise him often in their short time together, still retaining some of the calm and courageous attributes of her former life. She was proud of his decision to take her in and would never regret it, that was for sure.
Back to top Go down
Aya

Aya

This is Our House Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is Our House   This is Our House EmptyThu Sep 15, 2016 1:05 am

Jun looked concerned, having witness her falling, and his concern knocked her out of whatever thought process she was in: she didn't want her new father worried she had been hurt when she was perfectly fine. "I'm okay! My butt can take it!", she said with a giggle as she got back up to her feet and automatically took her father's hand.

She thought over the suggestions he had given her, each one sounded like fun or something interesting to do. She found herself feeling torn between sight seeing and food: well, pocky to be exact. She was addicted to the stuff, and it had been a while since she had had some. "Uuuuuhhh... can we go sight seeing and on the way get food? I want pocky... I loooooove pocky. Mmmmm..."

She was grinning from ear to ear, clearly happy with this idea as she started to bounce in place while waiting for Jun's response. "Do you like pocky?", she asked curiously, her head tilting as it often did when she was questioning something. She had definitely taken on a child-like mentality when she ended up de-aging, and it didn't bother her in the slightest due to how much she had forgotten in the process.
Back to top Go down
Jun

Jun

This is Our House Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is Our House   This is Our House EmptyThu Sep 15, 2016 4:09 am

"I'm okay! My butt can take it! Uuuuuhhh... can we go sight seeing and on the way get food? I want pocky... I loooooove pocky. Mmmmm..."

He sighed with relief at her being okay, he really cared for her well being. He was the only family she had here in the Soul Society, and family was important to him. Of course, once she joined his division as lieutenant, which he fully hoped would happen, she would have a much bigger family. His division was close and she would like it. He let those thoughts fall away as she said she wanted to see the place and get some pocky. A soft chuckle escaped his lips as he had definitely noticed her obsession with the snack. He didn't mind, she was happy this way. "Of course, I'll buy it in bulk if you like." He would smile with a nod.

Her face was adorable as she beamed with curiosity and excitement for the day ahead. She asked if he liked pocky, making him stifle another laugh. "I do, I like trying different flavors too!" He was being honest. It was rare that anyone saw his child-like qualities, though he still had them. He would wait for to exit the room before he would. They would walk together to the door and head outside, where the world of Soul Reapers awaited them. First stop, some food.
Back to top Go down
Aya

Aya

This is Our House Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is Our House   This is Our House EmptyThu Sep 15, 2016 7:58 pm

Her new father mentioned buying the pocky in bulk to which Aya grinned from ear to ear and practically began to bounce in place in her excitement. She loved pocky a lot, enough in fact that were she able to get away with it she likely would have eaten it for every meal and every snack inbetween. She kept pace as they walked, skipping more than actually walking - acting very much like a typical child.

"I like all the flavors, but my favorite is chocolate!", she exclaimed with a giggle.

As they went a random question popped into the child's mind which had her cocking her head to the right curiously. "Will I have to go to school? I already know how to read and write, and I'm very good at math...", she asked, looking up at Jun as she did so despite still skipping along her way. She was rather good at not running into anything or anyone, she she wasn't all that worried about it. No, she was far more curious about having her question answered.
Back to top Go down
Jun

Jun

This is Our House Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is Our House   This is Our House EmptyWed Sep 28, 2016 11:04 pm

Her reaction was priceless, and he matched her grin with his own. They continued to walk, or well skip in Aya's case. It only took a mere second for her to decide what her favorite was.

"I like all the flavors, but my favorite is chocolate!"

Just nodded in agreement as he knew a place to get Pocky up ahead. He had just about memorized where they sold in in the area around his house, and this after just a couple of days. It was then that his new daughter asked a question that he knew would be coming.

"Will I have to go to school? I already know how to read and write, and I'm very good at math..."

He would sigh, this was something he wanted to address with her before talking to the captain commander. Expections had been made in the past, and he was better teacher than anyone at the Academy. "I was going to bring that up. Most people that become Soul Reapers do so after graduating from the Shinigami Academy. I was going to see if you wanted to attend it, or if you would like personal training from me. Whatever you choose, I will see to it that it is what happens."
He knew that was a big decision to offer her. If she changed her mind down the road, it would be a simple thing to enroll her or take her out. With his level of connection, he could do more than most. He would await her response as they took a left and continued down the hall like path before them. They weren't far from the market that sold her favorite snack.
Back to top Go down
Aya

Aya

This is Our House Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is Our House   This is Our House EmptyWed Sep 28, 2016 11:27 pm

Aya continued to skip as they walked: she was just too hyper at the moment to stand still, too excited really. She waited patiently for her question to be answered, listening to her father sigh. The sigh brought a slight tilt to her head, though it did little to stop her skipping. She listened then as he explained her two choices: she could go to school or she could be trained personally by him. While school could mean all sorts of fun things - like making new friends - Aya had always been a bit on the shy side. Plus, she knew that being trained personally by her father would mean she got to spend more time with him which was in itself a huge bonus.

Aya went silent for a moment, contemplating her decision as she did so. Both options had their good qualities, and both were appealing. Yet, her usual shyness as well as the idea of spending even more time with her father won out in the end. She giggled when her decision was made, grinning once more. "I want you to teach me.", she exclaimed happily.

That of course brought around another question in her mind: what exactly did they learn at school? Head tilting now in the opposite direction as her skipping didn't miss a beat she turned her focus onto her father once more. "What exactly will I be learning?", she asked curiously, falling silent once she did as she awaited his response.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

This is Our House Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is Our House   This is Our House Empty

Back to top Go down

This is Our House
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Brave New World :: The Death Realms :: Heaven :: Seireitei-
Jump to: