A Brave New World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Brave New World

Welcome!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Brainstorming! Join me~

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Isis

Isis

Brainstorming! Join me~ Empty
PostSubject: Brainstorming! Join me~   Brainstorming! Join me~ EmptyWed May 06, 2015 6:10 pm

Brainstorming!

Races
Vampire
Were-Fuzzy-Thing-Rawr
Daoine?
Human with Magic
Demi-Diety-God
Magical Being – Not Considered Human
Elves (Cause, they're an old race, yo!)
Fairies (Cause they go hand in hand with Elves the annoying fucking tiny sparkly things xD)

Anymore suggestions? I'd like to get all of the races we'll have down now. None of this creating races later crap, or allowing other people to create their own. I don't want to end up with 50+ races and only 1-2 people in each one!

I'd be cool with allowing races to be added later: like if we do a poll for a new race and enough people vote / will make one. Then that'd be alright.

Halfbreeds are allowed, but this needs to be limited to two races only. So if two half breeds or a half breed and a pure blood mix? You choose two of the races your mixed with and those are your traits. No freaking vampire fairy demi gods with an elven grandmother shit.

Thoughts suggestions?

Stats?
I'd like to incorporate stats some kind of way to balance things out. Especially if it comes down to a fight being allowed / happening. This way no one can pull this “I R STRONGER DEN U CUS I SAY SO” crap. Or faster. Ect ect.
The basic stats I was thinking of were essentially what Ballad has: strength, speed, endurance, reaction time. I'm not really limiting magic the way jutsu/chakra is so that's a non-issue and we won't need a chakra type stat. I also was thinking of putting “Immunity” down. This would include mental immunity as much as it would viral/poison immunity.
I'd also be putting a cap on these stats like what Ballad has.
These stats will likely have to require training threads; but I'd be willing to offer up freebies of some kind for those just starting new to the site during a “Starting Event” but once that event is over the freebies are over too.
Thoughts, suggestions?

Ranks and Stuff
So, I had two ideas for this after our talk last night about the noble ranks. My first idea was to do something like Genin-Kage essentially. Something that would sit above their picture in a post and would show clearly what they were.

However, I had another idea... color coding. Instead of coding people per the area they're in/from on their application why not color code them according to their ranking? Blood nobles would be one color, high nobles another, the lower class of nobility another, and then the common/citizens/whatever we call 'em would be another color. I think this would be easier than doing color coding according to what race (pure blood, half, ect) they are or even from which location they are. Believe me, from Heaven's experience it gets hard trying to come up with 10 different color codes and keeping track of them all because there's vast areas.

Thoughts, suggestions?

Colors and Pictures
So, I'd like to keep the general picture/color scheme to match the site itself or more specifically the colored borders that fade from blue to orange to pink to blue again.

Do we want to keep the new post, old post, locked, ect icons as they are? Or switch them out with something else? If so any suggestions on what that should be?

I did change the favcon to a crescent moon. I dunno, in my head fantasy and moonscapes go hand in hand so I figured it'd work for now. We can choose another if someone has a better idea~

Staff Widget
Like I said in Skype you guys are the only two I'mma add to staff off rip unless Kitten wants to join us. I'd like to do the staff widget like Ballad's only instead of squares perhaps circles to go with the button themes we have right now?
Back to top Go down
Aatrox

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorming! Join me~   Brainstorming! Join me~ EmptyWed May 06, 2015 10:02 pm

I have a suggestion to add to the stats. Perception -- as in, how good your senses are, whether magical or non-magical. For some races, this wont be a problem. But for others, its critical. For example, going against someone with speed based attacks. If your reaction time is up to par, you can dodge and roll all you want. Buf if your perception is shitty, you can't she shit coming to be able to launch a counter attack.
Back to top Go down
Sasha

Sasha

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorming! Join me~   Brainstorming! Join me~ EmptyWed May 06, 2015 10:14 pm

Color coding for rank makes sense. We can easily do both, color code + I can make icons for each rank.

Yes and please do this @ limiting races. There's a massive amount of freedom just within the 'old/elder' races alone, add in basic fuzzies and diaone and you've got pretty much everything you need.

This works well, limited the halfbreeds to only two racial lines. It keeps them from circumventing restrictions and getting stupid, as the stated example is a perfect telling of.
Back to top Go down
Isis

Isis

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorming! Join me~   Brainstorming! Join me~ EmptyWed May 06, 2015 10:22 pm

I'm perfectly find with adding perception to the stats. I completely agree that you have to be able to see something to counter it. This perception can even tie into seeing through illusions, ect.

We need to decide how we want to do these stats though: how many tiers, ect. Obviously something like Ballad's set up wouldn't work quite right on here so we need to figure out another way. Either a 1-10 type thing, or something similar. Either way, it needs to tie in with the rankings of the site. Obviously the blood nobles would be the fastest/strongest of their race: the 'gods” of it as it were, so they're going to be allowed/able to hit caps that other people cannot.

While I'm on this subject we need to decide how many of each races rank we're going to allow and exactly what those ranks are going to be called on here so they can tie in with the color coding / images-title ranks.

I'm going to take an idea from how we originally had Tales's clans when it comes to the races and the ranks within them. Instead of “Members of the Clan | Head of Clan” area it'll be a list put at the end of each race that'll list who all belongs to that race and what rank they are. This way we can see at a glance how many of each we have and help keep it better organized. Plus, it's a nice way for someone to see what races are popular or not depending on what they prefer.

We also need to decide what is going to dictate someone being a blood noble and so on an so forth down the ranks. Obviously we've already decided that we have standing characters that will be taking these titles among their respective races, but for everyone else we need to devise a system/guidelines with of course staff decision being the last obstacle to get over.
Back to top Go down
Sasha

Sasha

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorming! Join me~   Brainstorming! Join me~ EmptyWed May 06, 2015 10:29 pm

Yeah, we're gunna need population lists to keep one race (vampires likely) from becoming bloated and whatnot compared to the rest.

A 1-10 list for teirs would be the easiest overall; and easier to break down. Something in the 10-15 range would be easiest, cause you can make fairly event groups that won't leave one side fucked more royally than it has to be.

Given how few members of any race can be the 'blood noble' or whatever that race's equivalent is, i'd say borrow the Uchiha idea. It CANNOT be your first character. You have to basically prove via your time on site before you app it that you can actually A)handle the level of activity, b)handle the quality needed, and C)won't abuse it beyond what's needed/allowed/expected for plot reasons.
Back to top Go down
Isis

Isis

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorming! Join me~   Brainstorming! Join me~ EmptyWed May 06, 2015 10:38 pm

1-15 would indeed probably be easier; especially if we're locking off the top few tiers for blood nobles only.

And I completely agree: you cannot make a blood noble as your first character unless you're a member of staff. The last thing we need is a bunch of people with blood noble as their title either abusing the privilege or disappearing on us when they're needed to control something / for plot.

We should probably make the blood noble rules something like:
1. It cannot be your first character.
2. You have to wait X amount of time before you can app one. Now, mind you. This isn't X amount of time from the time you joined the site. This is X amount of time from when your first character is approved. Because I know that some people join sites and do nothing but sit around and chit chat for a month or more before bothering to make a character.
3. You have to be active.
4. First come first serve. There will be a limited amount of spots for this rank for every race. The ONLY way around this is if you're the child of an existing noble. Then you are not limited by the overall count and will be listed as Blood Noble Offspring or some such. Now, if we have say 2-3 blood nobles of a particular race that are no longer active then they will be bumped down and 2-3 more people will have the chance at taking their spot. This way we constantly have them.

And as far as ranks go I definitely think we should keep it called the same thing in each race to keep the confusion down and to make it easier to explain on a guide.

I'm fine with Blood Noble: top tier, basically a God/Goddess among your own species. Able to control the rest of your kind

High Noble: Second to top. Kings and stuff was how I believe you described it Shawn?

-Insert Title Here-: This would be the lower nobles; the rich merchants as you put it, ect.

-Insert Title Here-: This would be your more common folks. Citiznes, what have you.
Back to top Go down
Sasha

Sasha

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorming! Join me~   Brainstorming! Join me~ EmptyWed May 06, 2015 10:41 pm

Yeah, that's right @ rankings.

Say:

Blood Noble
High Nobility
Minor Nobility
Civilian

Cause calling people peasants, even if 'technically' right, prolly won't sit well. xD

I'm fine with those requirements and such.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorming! Join me~   Brainstorming! Join me~ Empty

Back to top Go down

Brainstorming! Join me~
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Brave New World :: Staff Area :: Staff Discussions and Ideas-
Jump to: